Favorite Plant – Sedum ‘Angelina’

I am very fond of Sedums in general. They are tougher than they look, easy to grow and offer a nice textural contrast to some of my other garden favorites. Last fall, I picked up a Sedum ‘Angelina’ on sale and stuck it on the corner of the newest extension of the front garden. I can tell you for sure that I will have my sights set on more of the them during my plant shopping this spring.Sedum 'Angelina'This is how it looks this week. It’s hardy to zone 3 and spreads out to about 16 inches or so, stays low to the ground, and would spill nicely over the edge of a container. It starts out green-yellow-chartreuse in the summer and then goes all of the lovely colors above from fall through spring. I think I have a new favorite…

This entry was posted in garden. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Favorite Plant – Sedum ‘Angelina’

1. Abigail says:

Found this from Pinterest, and now I’ll be looking for this one this spring!

2. Donalyn, I love that chartreuse and gold sedum too. It’s a winner all around. I also found one this spring, new to me, ‘Chocolate Ball.’ I’m giving it a try.~~Dee

3. Donalyn says:

Glad you came by Abigail!

Dee – I will have to look for that one – sedums are such useful plants!

4. E@elouisa says:

I also love this one, specially the amazing colors it gets into in the colder weather!

5. SallieJ says:

Wow – that is really pretty!

6. Bea says:

I came over to your blog from Pinterest, but this will not be my last visit. I LOVE all that you have going on around here!

7. Donalyn says:

Welcome E & I’m glad to see it has another fan.

Thanks Sallie – good light that morning for sure!

Welcome Bea and I look forward to seeing you again.

8. Addie says: